Guidelines for Foreign Nationals Visiting Daman and Diu
Daman and Diu Police Department welcome you to the Union Territory of Daman & Diu and endeavors to make your stay as pleasant and safe as possible. You can help us by following these simple tips while touring Daman and Diu.
- Stay Alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Leave valuables and important papers, such as jewelry and passports, secured in your hotel’s safe deposit box. Never leave these items unattended in your room or carry large amount of cash in hand.
- Be wary of unknown persons coming to your hotel room. Never open the door to unsolicited room service or maintenance people. Contact the front desk if you have any doubts.
- If you schedule a meeting with a potential client, research the company and the individual with whom you are meeting. Meet in a public place, such as a restaurant.
- Make sure that luggage is only given to a member of the hotel’s bell staff and a receipt is issued for stored luggage. Never leave luggage or other expensive items, unattended in rickshaws or at taxi stands.
- Always preplan your tour programme. Never take advice of unknown people regarding your stay/touring Daman and Diu. Please follow the information given by police officers at the “may I help you” counter, or any other Govt. recognized information centers like Daman and Diu, Tourism department and FRO branch, etc.
- If you face any harassment or you feel that you are being followed or stalked dial 100/181 number for police assistance.